Sunday, August 29, 2010

Friends

Why should I still be surprised that God provides all of our needs. Like I've mentioned before, Steven and I were scared that we wouldn't be able to find friends since we are living in such a small community, but God provides.

Emily and I decided while we were on our way home from the WCHS game that we both needed a little girls day, so she picked me up Saturday morning, and we made our way to Baker's Square in downtown New Bern for breakfast. It is an Amish owned restaurant, and let me tell you, it was delicious. Emily ordered French toast and I got a gravy biscuit. Everything was so oversized that there was no way you could eat it all (well I could probably eat it all, but I would have been sick for the rest of the day).

After stuffing our faces, we made our way to Morehead City to go to a teacher's store called Teacher's Pet. Emily teaches 4th grade at one of the Elementary schools that feeds into WCHS, and I wish you could see her classroom. It is like a work of art. She and her husband, Brandon, spent a lot of time in her classroom this summer, and it definitely shows. Anyway, we both got a few things for our classrooms and made a quick trip to Target and Harris Teeter.

Some of you may be thinking, "Okay, the title of this blog says 'Friends', so get to it." So here it is...Emily has been an answered prayer of mine. I really enjoy hanging out with her. We are a lot alike, and enjoy a lot of the same things. It was a great day spent with a really good friend!

xoxo,
Ashley

1 comment:

  1. God provides our needs and He knows we need friends. I'm thankful that He has provided a friendship between you and Emily. I'm thankful for all He has blessed you and Steven with, your jobs, your friends, and your new church family. I do wish it was a little closer to Moulton but I am able to coax your daddy into taking me to the beach more often. Love you so much! Mom

    ReplyDelete