Saturday, August 14, 2010

They left me...

Thursday was a lot of fun. Mom, Dad, and I woke up late, and went to downtown New Bern to look around at all the stores and eat lunch. Mom and I could have shopped for the rest of the afternoon, but we thought Dad might go into a coma if we made him, so we spent the rest of the day in Atlantic Beach. What a beautiful day it was! We all put our chairs down in at the edge of the water and talked for a few hours before packing up and heading back to the house. After we had cleaned up and Steven made it home, we headed off to Famous Subs, which has quickly risen to the top of mine and Steven's favorite restaurants in town. The name really doesn't do the menu justice because it offers a million different things, not just sandwiches. For example, this is what was on our table: speghetti and meatballs, bacon cheeseburger, onion rings, small supreme pizza, small super sub, chips, cheesey garlic bread, and french fries. Needless to say, we took home a few leftovers. After gorging ourselves with food, we made our way back to the house and visited with Bryan and Bridget a little before hitting the sack.

Friday was bittersweet because I had a great morning, but I was so sad that my parents were leaving. They packed up their things in the morning, then we headed to the mall for a little back to school shopping. Later, I took them to Smithfield's for lunch to try a little North Carolina BBQ. Although nothing compares to Alabama BBQ, it is still quite tasty to say the least.

The drive back to our house was awful because I knew I would have to say goodbye to them when we made it home. It is hard to say, but Steven and I know that we aren't going to be able to go home again until Christmas. That is a long way away...Mom cried, of course, and Dad gave me a big hug. After I got upstairs, I definitely teared up. I am a lucky girl. I have wonderful parents who love me and my husband fiercely. What a wonderful week!

1 comment:

  1. We love you too. We are the lucky ones for being allowed the privilege to have you as our child & Steven as our son-in-law as well as all the others That make up the McCulloch bunch! We had a wonderful time. Can't wait till we see you both again. I love your blogs.

    ReplyDelete