Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Last day...

Today is my last day off. I have had an especially long summer break this time around because in Alabama we got out of school May 21st. North Carolina kids didn't get out until June 12th, which means they don't come back to school until August 25th. I go in tomorrow for workdays and professional development. I will have four days to do a total renovation of my professional life and get everything in order.

I have enjoyed being off work, although I have found that the more I am off the more useless I become. Steven and I live in a small apartment right now, so there isn't much to keep clean. Bridget cooks all the time and never hesitates to invite us to join them. We don't have a yard to take care of or kids to play with (yet). Needless to say, I have had a lot of time to myself. I hope I haven't become too much of a loner.

I am nervous about tomorrow. I don't know anyone, but I am sure it will be a lot of fun. I have butterflies like I did when I first began teaching at OHS. Say a prayer for me. Anyway, I'm off to the school to get some owrk done and then to treat myself to a pedicure ;)

2 comments:

  1. With your shining personality and beautiful smile, you will do fine! As your students and co-workers get to know you, they will love you! Hope you have a good day and a wonderful school year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ashley, I know you're going to have a great year. You have grown so much with each job you've had & learned to minister in whatever area God has put you in from waitressing to boys & girls club to tutoring & teaching! We are so very proud of the woman you've become! Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete