Thursday, August 12, 2010

Day 2 (in a hurry)

I don't have a lot of time before they wake up and we get moving, but this is how day 2 went down...

Mom and Dad slept in a little yesterday morning, while I made muffins and fought every urge I had to go and wake them up; finally, I decided to let them sleep and blog about our day instead. Then, I took all the boxes Mom and Dad had gotten out of storage in Auburn for my classroom and took them up to the school. It meant so much to me that they drove two hours out of their way to bring me my stuff. So, by the time I got back at 10:30, they were dressed, ready, and eating breakfast.

After talking for a while, we got in the car and made our way to the ocean. My parents LOVE the beach. I mean, I like to tan, but the ocean isn't my favorite. I would say I prefer fresh water to salt any day, but these two can't get enough, especially Dad. I felt sort of bad because he had no one to play with out in the water. As I think I've mentioned before, I have an irrational fear of being attacked by sharks, so I stay on the sand most of the time. Anyway, we ate lunch and relaxed until around 3:00 and then headed back to the house.

After showering and welcoming Steven home from work, we made our way to downtown New Bern, where we were going out for dinner. We met Bryan and Bridget at Morgan's (really cool restaurant + good food) and had a really great time. Mom and Dad wanted to take them out at least once to try and pay back a little of the hospitality they had shown all of us. Afterward, we came back to the house and watched a little bit of The Proposal before going to bed. We were all exhausted.

While I am writing this blog, my southwest breakfast casserole is in the oven cooking and Mom and Dad are still sleeping. I think it's time they get woken up ;)

3 comments:

  1. Dear Ashely,

    Your blog needs more pictures. I only like to look at the pictures. They don't even need to be pictures of what the blog is about. They only need to be visual aids to help me get to the bottom of the page.

    Your Pal,
    Ryne

    ReplyDelete
  2. PS - I didn't realize I spelled your name incorrectly and for that I apologize greatly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are funny, Ryan.

    P.S. I meant to spell your name incorrectly ;)

    ReplyDelete