Sunday, October 10, 2010

Weekend Fun!

This weekend has been one for the record books. Friday night, Bryan, Bridget, Steven, and I went to eat at 37th Street and then went to see Secretariat at the movies. The movie was soooo good. A must see! I am not a big horse person, but even for me, the movie was inspirational. It didn't necessarily inspire me to go get on a horse, but I did add a trip to the Kentucky Derby to my bucket list :)

Yesterday, Steven and I went to Mumfest in downtown New Bern with a few people from Asbury. There were a lot of people there. The streets were filled with vendors, food, rides, shows, and games. We started by getting a bite to eat at Morgan's then headed out to see the sights. Although there was a lot to do, it was also really hot out, so we only stayed for a couple of hours. We went to the Farmer's Market, listened to musicians in the Bank of the Arts, and shopped at all the little booths. Afterward, we ran a few errands in town then headed home.
Brandon , Emily, Steven, and I outside of Morgan's

the girls from Asbury outside the farmer's market

Upon our arrival, we learned that the Saban nation was losing to South Carolina. Although I love and respect my parents, sister, and brother, and only want good things for them, this news brought a smile to my face. We watched the rest of the game and honestly couldn't believe the outcome. The Sabanator usually finds a way to pull out a W, but ol' Spurrier got one for the Gamecocks this time.

Anyway, for dinner I made baked club sandwich rounds and warmed up veggie soup I had made earlier in the week. We watched the first half of the Auburn game with great pride...the second half we watched with great worry; however, our "cardiac" tigers pulled out another W, and I didn't think I could have been prouder UNTIL I checked the rankings this afternoon and saw that Auburn is ranked #7 in the nation and #1 in the SEC!!!
This morning at Asbury was amazing. It was Homecoming week (p.s. Steven had never heard of an old-fashioned homecoming, so I had to fill him in on what to expect). The church was completely packed out, and the service was better than ever. Afterward, we made our way to the fellowship hall, and I can honestly say I have never seen so much food in all my life! Everything was delicious and it was an absolutely gorgeous day!

Now it's back to the real world of cleaning the house, doing laundry, and grading papers.

xoxo,
Ashley

2 comments:

  1. From the pics, it looks like everyone had a great day at Mumfest!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad your weekend was great! I have to admit ours had some ups & Downs, including the loss for the Sabanation! We've got to re-acquaint ourselves with how to handle losses since it has been a while since we've experienced it. But thank goodness we've been able to learn from loved ones that have experienced several losses in the past few years! I will be the 1st to admit that Bama didn't play well
    & South Carolina played awesome! Enjoy the #1 spot in the SEC for now, November's just around
    the corner & there could be lots of changes in the rankings! I love you & I'm glad you're passionate about your team. You must have inherited that from someone but I can't imagine who?

    ReplyDelete