Friday, October 8, 2010

I love fall!

I love fall sooooo much! Honestly, I love the changing of seasons in general, but there is something about crisp air, warm jackets, and fun festivals that really make me happy. In my opinion fall is the most beautiful time of the year--especially when the leaves begin to turn all different shades of red, orange, and yellow. I love passing by homes with big mums planted by the mailbox or in flower pots, while huge pumpkins decorate the front porch.


This weekend, the city of New Bern is hosting the 30th Anual Mumfest and I am so excited! There are going to be all sorts of muscians to listen to, yummy things to eat, and vendors and booths for shopping. Since we are new here, we have obviously never been to this festival before, but we have heard only good things about it from all of our friends. We plan to go to Mumfest tomorrow morning until early afternoon. I can't wait!
Then tomorrow evening, we will be watching our Auburn Tigers play/hopefully defeat Kentucky. I am so proud of our team this year. We have some rough spots, but overall, we have really improved since last season. It's great to see a great Christian influence and man like Coach Chizik be so successful out on the football field.

Looking forward to the weekend! I'll let you know how it goes!

xoxo,
Ashley

3 comments:

  1. That sounds like a lot of fun. Autumn is such a fun time of year. I am glad you have successfully "captured happiness"
    http://www.capturinghappiness.com/

    by the way i love the picture of the horse and buggy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love your blogs!! Hope you have a wonderful "fall" day @ Mumfest. It sounds like fun!

    Liz

    ReplyDelete
  3. And to think, you argued with me about the horse & carriage. Your blog just wouldn't be the same without that picture. I really hate to say it, but sometimes Mother knows best! Lol. Love you & Steven so, hope you have a wonderful weekend!

    ReplyDelete