Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Bad Blogger

Hi, I'm Ashley, and I've been a very bad blogger...

It seems like forever since I have written. I always think about writing, but then something else comes up, and I mistakingly forget about all my previous thoughts. It's a symptom of being an educator. I suffer from short term memory loss at the end of each day. Seriously. No matter how many things I tell myself that I have to complete after the students leave, it never fails that I sit down at my desk and my brain is empty. It's like I have used it to its capacity for the day. I have just enough brain cells left to find my car in the parking lot and figure out my way home.

Anyway, a lot has happened since I last wrote. Namely, we were approved for our loan on the house, Steven had a small wreck in the old Jeepers, and we experienced our first flood due to Tropical Storm Nicole.

I'll start with the house news...Steven and I are officially grown-ups and are now less than a month a way from closing on our first house! We are so very excited/ anxious/ worried/ remorseful. I know it sounds weird to be remorseful over a house that we both really want, but we are spending A LOT of money on this. I'm the type to get buyers remorse after making a twenty-five dollar dress purchase at Target (if you don't believe me, ask my sisters). This purchase makes my chest feel down-right heavy. However, the Bible says, "Do not be anxious over anything," so that's my new motto.

In an ironic twist of fate, Steven, a.k.a. granny driver, was involved in a car wreck last Wednesday afternoon. Luckily it wasn't his fault and everyone involved was fine; however, with his Jeep being on it's way over the hill, we still haven't found out what the other insurance company is going to do as far as fixing it goes. We are praying that it is not totaled because we love his car! If you have a minute, say a little prayer that the damage done won't be more than the total value.

Lastly, Steven and I experienced our first Tropical Storm flooding. Everyone kept recanting, "Well, welcome to Eastern North Carolina," which leads me to believe that this won't be our last bout with flood waters. There was no damage done to Brian and Bridget's (our landlords and friends) house although we were completely surrounded by water for four days. Little did I know that when I pulled in the driveway Wednesday afternoon, I would not be back out until Saturday night. It was crazy and I definitely have never seen anything like it in my life.

Picture Below: Steven and Bryan boating through the field. It was pretty entertaining.
All in all, it's been an eventful month to say the least. Sorry Liz, I am going to try and be a better blogger from now on.

xoxo,
Ashley

2 comments:

  1. You go girl! I am glad you guys survived the flood. And so glad no-one was hurt in the accident. Dee would say a big AMEN to the brain drain you get from being an educator, but lately she has seen the rewards of her efforts with her students. Also, she is using the techniques she is learning in her counseling classes and is seeing results with her students and is even helping other teachers deal with kids in their classes. The results have been so positive. I believe that she has found a new area where God is going to use her in such a powerful way. I know it is hard to see sometimes, but you are shaping the lives of the future of our country. YOu are helping your students to one day become successful adults. God Bless You and all the other God fearing teachers in this country! You will be blessed. Tell Steven I said sorry about the Jeep; we'll pray for favorable outcome with the insurance company. We love you both!

    Gary and Dee

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its weird but I don't remember purchases causing any chest pain when you lived at home. Oh, but I was the one doing the purchasing then, I get it! Tell Granny I'm glad he wasn't hurt in the fender Bender & that he looks real good in yellow! Love the raincoat! I miss y'all so bad it hurts. Thanks for sharing just a little bit of your life thru the blog. When I read it, I can hear your voice reading it to me! I love it!

    ReplyDelete