Thursday, October 21, 2010

Changing States

So, changing states isn't easy...

It seems that the U.S. wants you to jump through hoops in order to move out of state. No wonder so many people live and die in the same place. First, we had to change our insurance over to a North Carolina company. Today, I am taking a test to get a new NC driver's license. A TEST!!! I have been driving for 10 years, and I'm still not sure what a 3-point turn looks like. I was supposed to get new NC tags for my car (p.s. we just bought new Alabama tags in May--total waste of money), but it is their policy to wait until the official license come back in the mail before you can get a new tag. So, I guess that will be something for next week...

FYI...you basically have to give over your first born to these people in order for them to believe you actually live in this state.

On a brighter note, I went to the grocery store yesterday afternoon and got all the stuff I am supposed to bring for Katie and David's shower this weekend. I am so so so excited to see them! It's been way too long! I'll let you know how it goes. Happy Thursday, everybody!

xoxo,
Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment