Friday, October 22, 2010

Raleigh here we come!

Steven and I are leaving this afternoon to go to Raleigh for the weekend. We are staying with our great friend Katie Stringfellow--soon to be Talbert. I CANNOT WAIT TO SEE HER!!! Katie was one of my beautiful bridesmaids and did so much to make our day special! We are also so excited to see David. He makes me laugh and always has something positive and uplifting to say. What a great couple they make!!!


Bekah Scoggins McGee and I are co-hosting a "Fall in Love with the Future Talberts" couples shower for Katie and Daivid. As you can probably guess, everything is fall themed. I am making pumkin bars (yumm), bacon cocktail weinies, spinich dip, apples and caremel dip, and hot apple cider (Shelia Osborn taught me well). I went by Mrs. Marietta's (Bridget's mom) house and she let me borrow a ton of stuff. This lady had everything imaginable for hosting a shower, wedding, or elegant dinner party. It was definitely over the top! I like her style, though, because I tend to go a litle overboard myself sometimes :)

Have a great weekend everyone! War Eagle!

xoxo,
Ashley

2 comments:

  1. Can't wait to see you - but in the meantime, RALEIGH is spelled with "ei" :) forgo the English spelling rules... hehe:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Bekah! I am too much of a stickler for the rules!

    ReplyDelete