Monday, October 25, 2010

The Future Talberts (and a little AU football)

This weekend, I had the pleasure of co-hosting a shower with Bekah McGee for Katie Stringfellow and David Talbert. I already shared in my last post that these two people are amazing, and have been great friends to me and Steven for a long time. It was really great to be able to do something for them to celebrate their upcoming marriage.

Friday night was a lot of fun! First, Katie took us out to a chic little Italian restaurant, which is conveniently located just below here physical therepy building. The food was great, the atmosphere was cool, and the company was perfect! We had a great time just catching up with Katie and hearing about all of her upcoming wedding plans.

Will, Bekah's hubby, is interning at the church that Katie and David attend, so they pulled some strings and allowed us to use a room for the shower. I love couples' showers because they are always so much more relaxed than other types. Bekah and I made a lot of fall themed foods and also brought apple cider and "FBCO Parlor Approved" punch (recipe in the Baptist Bounty) to drink. There was a great turn out of people for the shower, and all of the friends Katie and David have made in Raleigh are so nice and fun.

As soon as the clock struck 4:00 we started cleaning, and you wouldn't believe how fast we did it in so we could make it back to the apartment to watch the Auburn vs. LSU game that had already started. Record time for sure...We ate BBQ and watched the game (with great delight, I might add) at Katie's apartment. It was fun watching with fellow Auburners!

Oh Auburn, how do I love thee? Let me count the ways. I love that when I watch an Auburn game, I feel at home. Not just because I actually have family that still lives there, but because that's what we all are there...family. I love that nobody thought we would win this season...didn't believe in us, but we believed. Even in the tough years, Auburn fans love and believe in their team. No matter what happens throughout the rest of the season, just like the creed states, "Because Auburn men and women believe in these things, I believe in Auburn and love it!"

xoxo,
Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment