Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Love Overflowing

Before Steven and I moved to North Carolina, we prayed that God would allow us to eventually find a church and a few good friends to hang out with, but the Lord knows best. He provided us with a sort of pseudo-family here in the Asbury community of North Carolina.

Asbury is located just left of Perfection and is about 20 minutes from New Bern. It is one long country road of farms and houses. The people here do not put on airs, but are proud of all that God has blessed them with throughout the years. Most everyone on this road attends Asbury Methodist Church, which is conveniently located right in the center of the community. Life here revolves around faith, family, friends, and good food. They all love to get together to talk, go to the pool, or eat a big meal (usually fresh from somebody's garden). Since moving here, Steven and I have been invited to almost every gathering in the community, and I can't explain how it makes us feel to be treated like a family member.

I believe that there are all different types of families in the world. For me, I have my real family that live in Moulton and Opelika that I meet with for all holidays and who support me through everything. I love and miss them all more than they will ever know. Then, I have my Auburn family that have now all scattered off to a million different places. Our family reunions will consist of burgers, ladder ball, and shouts of "War Eagle!" from the sidelines. Next, I have my OHS family that I miss more and more every day. Over the past three years, the people there made me laugh so many times I can't count. I know that one day I will list the members of Asbury community as another family that touched my heart in so many ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment