Thursday, May 17, 2012

Spring Break 2012

After spending the week with PawPaw and Mimi Meadows in North Carolina, Sawyer and I headed south to Alabama for Spring Break.  We had so much fun spending time with family! 

On our first night back in Alabama, Mom picked us up and we headed to Tuscaloosa to see Whitney and Chris.  It was my first time to see their new home.  It was sooo nice!  I really fell in love with all of the nice finishes and arched doorways.  I would love to show you pictures of our time there, but Sawyer had somewhat of a meltdown that night after the 12 hour drive, so needless to say, taking pictures was the last thing on my mind.

Below are a few of my favorite pictures from later that week.
Mom says that this is her favorite time with him :)

Sawyer LOVES his Uncle T!

Trying out Big Papa's motorcycle
Probably my favorite picture :)

Mrs. Tremble's 106th Birthday Party

snuggle time
One of the highlights of the trip was getting to visit Betsy and Michael at their new home in Huntsville. Wow...it was such a beautiful house, and it felt so warm and cozy.  I just fell in love with it!  We spent the night with them on Monday and then went to eat lunch and shop at baby stores the following day.  It was such a fun night!
visiting Aunt Betsy and Uncle Michael at their beautiful new home
 The next morning, Aunt Sherry and Kasey brought over Hampton, Sally, and Isla Kate to meet Sawyer for the first time.  They were all so cute together!  I couldn't stop laughing at the girls because they kept petting him and rubbing his head.  Afterward, we all went to Newk's for lunch and then did a little shopping around the Huntsville area. 
Doesn't he look excited?  (haha)
the whole gang at Newk's for lunch
On the way home from Huntsville, Mom and I stopped to visit Grandmaw and Grandpaw in Decatur.  Sawyer instantly fell in love with them. :)
Sawyer meeting his great grandparents, Grandpaw and Grandmaw McCulloch

I think they love him.
 Another highlight of the the trip for me was introducing Sawyer to Annie Lou.  She has been such a special woman in my life.  I could not begin to count the amount of time I spent sitting on that porch with her as a child.  It was great to bring Sawyer over to "sit a spell" with her too. 
sitting with Annie Lou on her front porch
 On Wednesday night, I took Sawyer over to Susanna and Jeff's new home in Muscle Shoals to meet them as well as little Abby. We had a great time eating dinner and catching up.  I can't wait to live closer so that we spend more time together!
meeting Aunt Susanna, Uncle Jeff, and cousin Abby
 The last weekend of the break was a wonderful whirlwind of family, Easter festivities, and Sawyer's dedication.  Post to follow soon...

4 comments:

  1. It was a great week! I forgot how busy y'all were.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was a great week! I forgot how busy y'all were.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete