Sunday, May 20, 2012

Mom's visit to North Carolina

Mrs. Myrtle decided to go to the mountains for a week with her senior group, so we were in need of a babysitter.  Of course, Mom (energetically) agreed to come back with us after we went home for my reunion in order to stay with Sawyer during the day.  We had the BEST time.  We cooked, ate dinners on the porch, went to a movie, visited Vanceboro's Strawberry Festival, did some shopping, ate out at some of our favorite restaurants, and just spent good quality time together. 

eating dinner out on the front porch
Sawyer had his four month checkup while mom was visiting, so she went with me to get his shots.  He was sad until she started to play with him.  It's pretty obvious he is in love!

big boy after shots
On Saturday night, Mom agreed to keep Sawyer while me and Steven went out to dinner and then to prom (I was a chaperone).  We had a great time and felt like teenagers again. :)
before prom


at the Strawberry Festival
After one week, we asked mom to stay with us for a little longer. I know she probably thinks it was because of all the cleaning, cooking, and laundry she did for us all week, but really I just love having her around.  However, I must say, it was VERY helpful to have her with us while we were busy getting our house ready to show (we had just put it on the market the weekend before).  She did so much to help us get everything ready, and I will give her a lot of credit in staging it to sell (more on that in a later post).

After spending two weeks with us, we drove to Greensboro and she (literally) took a midnight train to through Georgia (en route to Tuscaloosa).  It was so hard to say goodbye, but it did make it easier since we knew we would soon be permanent Alabama residents in June. 


 I feel so blessed to have such a wonderful mom.  I hope that I can be half the role model for my son that she is for me.  I love you, mom!

1 comment:

  1. I love that baby so much! I enjoyed visiting with y'all so much too.

    ReplyDelete