Sunday, May 20, 2012

10 Year Reunion Weekend

This year the LCHS class of 2002 celebrated our ten year reunion.  I was very excited to get to go home and see some of my old friends, many of whom I hadn't seen in years.  Steven and I took the Friday off, so we could make the 12 hour drive down south.

Sawyer loving on his froggy and taking a nap on the way down.
We decided to try to fit in as much as possible, so we arrived in Opelika at approx. 2:00 am on Thursday morning.  Steven and I slept in while his parents took care of Sawyer.  Later, we met most of the Meadows clan for lunch at Jim Bob's in Opelika.  It was so great to see everyone!

Aunt Janet rocked him right to sleep :)

Sawyer with his cousin Haley

Sawyer with his great grandpaw Gene Meadows (He looks just like him!)


On Saturday afternoon, we loaded up and headed north to Moulton.  Steven and I were excited to hang out with Mom, Dad, Taylor, and his girlfriend, Alaina.  We both got to meet her briefly in January at Conner and Katie's wedding, but we were too busy to really get to spend some time getting to know her.  We spent Saturday night talking and playing our favorite game, 20 Questions.  We totally fell in love with her, and are both very happy for Taylor.

The next day, we made our way with Sawyer to John's to celebrate my 10 year class reunion.  Although a lot of our friends were unable to make it, we had such a great time reminiscing about old times and sharing laughs with those who could come. 
Awesome cake made by our very own, Kimbery Coffee. 

Class of '02

Mrs. Montgomery provided copies of every Red Hot News that came out during our four years at LCHS.  It was so fun/hilarious to read through these old newspapers!

eating lunch

reading the news
 After lunch, Curtis asked Mrs. Montgomery to open up the school for us to tour together.  This was probably my favorite part of the whole day because I hadn't been down those halls since graduation.  It was funny how many memories come flooding back to you when you are back in a place that you spent so much time as a teen (I even found my old locker!). 

walking the halls


checking out the new and old pics on the gym walls


goofing off ;)
Saturday night, we all went out to eat at Red Robin at Bridgstreet in Huntsville.  Conner, Katie, and Betsy all joined us for the evening, which made it feel like an extra special occasion. 

waiting to eat at Bridgstreet

me and hubster
The next morning, Steven, Sawyer, Mom, and I all left Alabama to head back to North Carolina.  Mom went with us to fill in as babysitter for the week because Mrs. Myrtle went to the mountains.  It made it A LOT easier to come back knowing that we brought family back with us.  :)

1 comment:

  1. I'm so glad you were able to attend your class reunion. I'm also thankful I was able to go home with y'all & keep that sweet Sawyer! Love & miss y'all.

    ReplyDelete