Saturday, May 26, 2012

5 Month Update

I cannot believe that my little man is 5 months old!

Five Month Fun Facts:
  1. This month, we started feeding Sawyer rice cereal every morning and night.  It took him a few days to get used to it, but by the end of the month he couldn't get enough. 
  2. We also got serious about sleep training him this month.  Sawyer was sleeping through the night by one month, but then around the four month mark, he started to wake up multiple times a night.  After a month of hoping and praying he was just teething and would grow out of it, we decided to do something to help us him sleep a little better.  We are using a revised "Cry It Out" method that we found in a book I'm reading.  At first, it was a real struggle for me Sawyer, but he is now sleeping through the night and is a much happier little baby during the day. 
  3. Sawyer loves the car and being on the move.  He is really good about going on long walks with us in his stroller and is a good sport on road trips. 
  4. He is starting to get better at spending time on his belly. He is scooting around and rolling over both front to back and back to front. 
  5. We have been blessed with an incredibly happy baby.  He is constantly smiling, cooing, and "talking" to us.  I love it!

eating cereal
 
Loves his daddy!
Sawyer helping me grade research papers ;)
 He loves looking in his mirror.  It makes him look like a conehead!

I love my smiley boy!
 Sawyer is now old enough to enjoy a lot of his seats and bouncers.  Mom bought him a Bumpo seat and he really loves it.  We usually sit him in it while he is eating.  He also LOVES his bouncer and is slowly figuring out his Johnny Jump UP.  As for now, he doesn't do much jumping, but he is starting to stand up and move around in it a little more. 
figuring out his Johnny Jump Up


Loves his jumper!
It's really weird that this is the last full month Sawyer will spend in North Carolina in our home here.  Looking forward to next month and our new adventure in Alabama. :)


1 comment:

  1. I know this is bittersweet, the move. Some of the sweetest people in the world live in NC. I was pleasantly surprised. So thankful to everyone there that treated y'all like one of their own. I'd be dishonest if I didn't admit how happy I am that y'all are moving home. Can't wait till you're just a few hrs away. I hope all those NC friends will visit Alabama.

    ReplyDelete