Saturday, May 26, 2012

Sawyer's Nursery

Since we are moving in a couple of weeks, I figured that it was about time that I took some pictures of Sawyer's nursery.  I wish I could say that I had done a lot of cool, fun things in the room, but honestly, working full time and going back to school made it difficult to do anything extra.  However, for anyone who knows my decorating style, you know that I like clean, simple colors and accents. Steven and I decided to paint the top half of the walls an Olympic color called "By the Sea", which works since we actually do live near the sea...We left the chair rail and bottom half of the room white.  Below are some pictures, if you are interested. 


The picture turned out bright but the inscription above the bed says, "Every good and perfect gift comes from above."


This is a picture that Steven's grandmother, Sidney Ashley, painted for his room when he was young.  I love it and think it was a great addition to my future outdoorsman's room.




One of mom's friends distressed this old rocking chair, which was passed down to me from my cousins Keisha, Kasey, and Kody.  I just love it!

This wreath was made for us by a lady in Asbury named Sherry Halstead.  I liked it so much we made left it on the door to his room.  It actually matches the colors we used perfectly!

1 comment:

  1. I'm gonna miss his room. You & Steven did such a great job making your house feel so homey.

    ReplyDelete