Saturday, May 7, 2011

Momma

In my opinion, my Momma is the best there is.  Period.  I wish I could be at home tomorrow to share the day with her because there is no place I would rather be!  Below is a list of a few things I love so much about her.

  • Her heart for God.  She is such a wonderful Christian woman and a great example to me.  She taught me so much about what it means to pursue a relationship with the Lord and how to show His love for others.
  • Her sense of humor.  She loves to tell jokes, laugh, and have a good time, which makes her a joy to be around. 
  • She's always willing to give whatever she has to help others.  I have been so blessed by how she serves others with her time, money, and willingness to just sit and listen. 
  • Momma and Mrs. Trimble
  • She is the most unselfish woman on the planet.  I remember all of us getting new dresses for Easter Sunday, while Momma wore her navy dress she called "old faithful."  Back then, I thought that she just really liked that dress, but now I understand that is just another example of the sacrifices she made for us. 
  • She accepts me as an Auburn fan...not (haha).
  • But she did come to a tailgate that changed my life...seriously, you did it all mom (haha)!
  • She was present at every softball game, band recital, and halftime show that I ever played/performed in.  I never knew how blessed I was and often took for granted that she was going to be there, rooting us on and bringing us snacks.  Now I can see what a time consumer it must have been to raise all four of us and not miss a thing.
  • She always makes everyone around her feel beautiful.  My mother is an encourager.  It's her gift.  She knows exactly what to say in order to make someone instantly feel better about themselves. 
  • at my wedding
  • She likes to watch sappy love stories i.e. Sleepless in Seattle, You've Got Mail, etc.  So do I.  It works out.
  • She loves to lay out at the beach and is a Vitamin D junkie.  Like mother, like daughter!
  • She is a great cook.  Look at me.  I mean, if there is one thing I learned how to do in the McCulloch house well, it was to eat.  Momma always made sure we had enough, if not more than enough, of everything.  She couldn't help but show her love with an extra serving of mac-n-cheese.  Yummm.  I'm hungry just thinking about it!
These are just a few reasons that I love my Mom so much.  Happy Mother's Day!!!

2 comments:

  1. I could not agree with you more! Everything you said was so true. She is the best and that is such a wonderful tribute to her. I love you both!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your cash is in the mail! Lol...I love you so much as well as your brother and sisters. Thanks for the kind comments. It has been a joy to be your mother.
    Love you so much!
    Mom

    ReplyDelete