Monday, May 23, 2011

Master's Degree

Since I began teaching, I have always wondererd what I wanted to get my Master's degree in because although I love what I do, I know that I will not be able to do it forever.  After much thought and consideration, I decided that I wanted to go into administration.  The thing is, I don't really have a desire to be a prinicipal (as of now, who knows what time will bring), but I do know that I want to allow myself the oppertunity to experience life outside the classroom.

Around December, I submitted my application and all other required materials to East Carolina University, which is located about 45 minutes away from my house here in North Carolina.  ECU offers a cohort program that meets once a week and then completes the rest of the projects and assignments online.  I have never wanted to be a pirate so badly before...After waiting for what seemed like an eternity, I got a call on Friday morning letting me know that I was accepted into the Educational Administration and Leadership program.  I was ecstatic, but also overwhelmed because I found out only a month ago that I am expecting a baby in December.  But hey, if my mom can go back to school with four kids while working too, I should be able to handle it with one, right? (prayers please!) 

We have our first orientation meeting on June 6th and then we will start classes closer to the end of the month.  It all seems to be happening so fast, but the quicker I can get through this program the better!  Thanks for all the prayers and well wishes!


1 comment: