Saturday, May 28, 2011

Gold to Silver

Nothing against brassy gold fixtures, but let's just say they didn't really go with our new bathroom decor.  I spent a lot of time looking for new fixtures at Lowes, Bed Bath & Beyond, and enven TJMaxx.  Although I found some that I really liked, we were trying to stay under our $350 bathroom renovation budget, so we ended up doing it DIY style.  Below you will see our orginal gold hardware. 


I went to Wal-Mart and picked up a can of silver spraypaint (we also used brushed nickel in another room, and we think it looks a little better).  I layed out all of the hardware on a garbage bag and went to work.

Here is the finished product.  We have all "new" hardware for $3.65 and the best part is we didn't have to drill new holes in the walls.  Steven ended up spray painting all the outlets white, which made them look much more updated than the gold. 
Happy renovating!

xoxo,
Ashley

1 comment:

  1. I wish you would come and redo my house, I just don't know where you got your creative side. Yes, I do, your Aunt Sherry, you're more like her than like me! But that's ok. If I had to pick someone for you to be more alike, I couldn't pick one better than Sherry. I'm so proud of you Ash and that sweet husband of yours! Love ya! Mom

    ReplyDelete