Friday, January 18, 2013

Back to School :/

One of the biggest obstacles in moving back to Alabama was the fact that I had just completed my first year of grad school.  Because each state's education system is different and has its own various standards (I think that is ridiculous, but that's just me), the program for administration is different from state to state.  At first, I thought that it would be easy to transfer my credits to a university in Alabama, but it has been one of the biggest challenges I have faced.  Colleges in Alabama do not take credits from outside universities (and vice versa), so practically all of the credits that I obtained at ECU were dismissed. 

After careful consideration and research about the different programs in the state, I decided to continue pursuing my degree at the University of West Alabama.  UWA has a really good Educational Leadership program and is located only a little over an hour away from Thomasville.  My first day of class is this Saturday morning.  Steven is going to Opelika to hunt with his dad, so he is going to take Sawyer with him to stay with his mom for the morning.  I am a little nervous, but also very excited to get back on track with this degree;  If everything goes as planned, I am set to graduate next Spring 2014. My first class is School Law, which I already suffered through once at ECU.  Hopefully the second time around I will feel like an expert.   

No comments:

Post a Comment