Wednesday, January 16, 2013

Auburn Reunion Tailgate

So, let's be honest...it was a tough season to be an Auburn fan.  Nevertheless, we made the best of it and tailgated like it was 2010.  My brother-in-law, Michael, may just be the biggest Auburn fan I know.  He and my sister Betsy have season tickets and actually made it down for most of the games this season.  If you ask me, that is loyalty because quite frankly they were hard for me to even watch on television. 

Over the past couple of years, Michael has gotten together a big reunion tailgate of sorts for all of our friends.  Since Steven and I have been in North Carolina for the past two seasons, we were unable to make the trip back for the reunions.  This year, we planned it for the AU vs. Texas A&M game (more about that awfulness later). We had such a great time catching up with old friends and seeing the path that God had led each of them down since leaving college.  Sawyer came with us, so we got to introduce him to everyone and he got his first "Auburn Experience." I'm gonna go ahead and apologize for the picture quality you are about to see.  Our camera went dead so all we had was Steven's iPhone. 
admiring Aubie
meeting Auntie Lauren who drove all the way from Austin, TX to be there
 The game was at 6:30, so Steven's parents picked up Sawyer and kept him for the night while we went to the game.  We did a quick tour of the campus before going inside, and I was amazed at how different everything looked since I was a student.  I guess that's a sign that I'm getting old, huh?  One good thing about having a bad season is that is was pretty easy to score some great seats for really cheap.  The bad thing is that we wanted to leave after the first quarter because it was such a terrible game...
the most loyal Auburn fans I know
Oh, you know, just hangin' out with Cam.  No big.

Heisman pose
So excited to be back on the plains!
It was great to see everyone at the game, and we already can't wait until next year's tailgate!  Maybe Gus will get our Tigers back on track. :)

Here's one more for the road...
This is a good description of how exciting the game was...season ticket holder sat in front of us and read the paper for pretty much the entire first half.  Better luck next year, I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment