Friday, September 10, 2010

Waiting

I am not good at waiting. I never have been. However, I am married to the most patient person in the world, so I am trying to learn as much as I can about this "hardest of all virtues".

Steven and I are currently in the process of buying a home. However, we have made it out of the "exciting" part (looking at all the different homes in the community) to the "hard" part (waiting on financing and contracts). Although I love living with Bryan and Bridget, I have to admit that we are ready to get a place of our own to call home. There will be a million things that I will miss about our current situation (i.e. being surrounded by two Godly Christian examples, eating good food prepared by a great cook, always having somthing to do or someone to talk to, etc.). However, Steven and I need to "grow up" and get a home to start our life in.

We have our eyes set on one home that is just a little ways from where we are currently living. It is an older home, but in great condition. Of course, there are a few cosmetic changes we would like to make, but overall, the home is completely livable. Right now, we are playing the waiting game and praying that everything works out. The Lord has been so faithful to meet all of our needs so far. We are trusting that He will lead us to the right people, banks, and funds. Keep us both in your prayers.

xoxo,
Ashley

2 comments:

  1. Turn it over to the Lord. He knows what is best. It took several years for the right house to come available for me. I looked for houses next to my grandmother, next to school; thinking these would be what I would like. They turned out to need more work than I could have done. Wasn't really looking very hard and the Lord presented me a house that I could move into with having to do any work to it. At a price that I could afford payments on. Over the years, I have slowly been working on the improvements needed for the house. It has almost tripled in value to what I paid for it.

    I'm don't always feel that I have all of the patience that I need in my life. But the area of finances is the one main area that I had to turn over to the Lord. Buying cars, house, or even clothes just seem to be available and at just the right price when He is in control.
    Praying for you as you continue your journey together.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My precious brown-eyed girl, God has always been faithful & I know He's watching out for you & that precious son-in-law of mine. You just keep claiming Jeremiah 29:11-"I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord,"to prosper you, a future." It's His promise to us. I'm so thankful you & Steven are trusting Him. & you're so right, He has just the right person already set aside to assist you in whatever financing,etc. HE is an awesome God! I can't wait to come back to North Carolina to see the new home! Hopefully in a couple years, we can decorate a nursery, we've got to keep Aunt Sherry busy. Love you & I love reading your blogs!

    ReplyDelete