Saturday, September 4, 2010

AU Opening Day

Today, I am full of mixed emotions. I don't think it hit me until this morning that Steven and I are permanent residents of North Carolina. Up until now, I have felt like a visitor. Now that Auburn is starting their season, I realize that we aren't going to be there for any of it. For the past eight years, I have lived in Auburn and proudly cheered for the tigers. I will still proudly cheer for them here, but football here is like basketball back home. People go to the games and support their team, but they aren't heartbroken after a loss of full of pride when their teams pulls off a win.


Let's just say that they don't define fall with football. I do. When I think about fall, I think about Jordan-Hare Stadium,. I think about tailgating with all of my friends. I think about all the great food (Betsy's chicken/bacon wraps, Jonathan's buffalo chicken dip, Michaels perfect hamburgers, etc.) and fun we have waiting on each game to start. I think about my Auburn family because that's what we are at Auburn--a family. We love each other, celebrate with one another, are there for each other. I loved my time at Auburn and miss it terribly, but I know that there is another little crew there that will fill in the spots of those who have come and gone. War Eagle family!

Below are just a few pictures that I had to post.

xoxo,
Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment