Thursday, February 24, 2011

Mom and Dad's Vist to NC (Part 2)

On Tuesday, Steven and I had to go to work again, but I was glad that Mom and Dad had plenty of time to rest and relax at home while we were gone. 

After returning from work, we sat around and decided on a restaurant to go to for dinner.  We originally planned on going to Persimmon's, but their winter time hours are only Wednesday through Sunday.  Dad really wanted a steak, so we ended up going to The Baron and the Beef, which is a little steakhouse on the way to Kinston.  I have never been dissapointed with anything that I have eaten there, especially the awesome salad bar.  We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves!

Yesterday, Mom, Dad, and I went to the mall after I got home from work.  They were having an awesome sale at Belk, so I got a few things (Thanks, Mom!!!).  Afterward, we went home and ate the best/biggest dinner ever.  Momma is a great cook, so if she offers to make you something, you should never turn it down.  After dinner, we cleaned up and drove over to Johnny's convenience store in Cove City.  He sells the most amazing ice cream cones for only 50 cents each...you can't beat it!  When we got home, we all sat in the living room and watched our favorite show, American Idol, together.  I don't know exactly why I love it so much, but I do.  I can't help myself!

This morning was really sad.  I didn't want to leave for work because I know that I probably won't see Mom and Dad again until our vacation in July.  They really blessed us this week.  We were so lucky to have them in our lives. 

xoxo,
Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment