Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Mom and Dad's Vist to NC (Part 1)

What a blessing it is to have family who love us enough to drive all the way from Alabama to North Carolina to spend their vacation with us.  We could not be more happy to have Mom and Dad here for the week!
Our visitors arrived on Saturday after turning a 12 hour drive into a 16 hour drive...Needless to say, they were exhausted, but in good spirits. We showed them around the house and sat and talked for an hour or two.  We even had multiple guests come by the house, one to deliver girl scout cookies, another to welcome made for my parents' visit (Bridget is too good to us...seriously).  Mom and Dad were both tired, so they took a nap while I went to a Lia Sophia jewelry party that my good friend, Misty, was hosting. 
Later that evening after some much needed rest, we all went out to Famous and enjoyed a fantastic meal.  We took Mom and Dad to eat there on their last trip and they seemed to thoroughly enjoy it, so we thought we might as well stick to what we know.  Afterward, we caught up on old episodes of American Idol that we had missed during our busy week.  We are all pretty addicted...It was a great first day with Mom and Dad!

On Sunday, we woke up bright and early and made our way to church in Asbury (a whopping 4 minute drive from our house).  It was a great day, and the preacher's sermon was exactly what I needed to hear.  It was so good to have my parent's there.  I value their opinion and discernment esecially when it comes to church.  They both really enjoyed the message and said they could see why we love it there so much.  God is so present in that place.  I love being there!

After church, we went to town and ate Mexican for lunch. It takes a lot to impress my dad, but he said that it was as good as Casa in Muscle Shoals, which coming from him means something.  The rest of the day we decided would consist of being lazy, so we watched movies, sat out on the front porch, and even got a nap in.

On Monday, Steven and I had to go back to work, which is always hard to do, but having Mom and Dad at home gave me something different to look forward to.  When I pulled up at home, I could already smell the scent of food being cooked.  It was such a treat to be cooked FOR instead of being the cook.  Mom made beef stew and Mexican cornbread, which is one of my favorite meals, while Daddy and I sat out on the front porch and enjoyed the 75 degree afternoon.  When Steven got home, we ate an early dinner and then made our way to the first regional basketball game at WCHS.  The boys were awesome.  They one by 20 points and everyone got a chance to play.  It was also really fun for Mom and Dad to get to see where I work and meet some of our friends.  I think that they really enjoyed themselves, and I definitely had a great time! 

They will be here for a couple more days, so I will keep you updated!  Happy Monday!

xoxo,
Ashley

1 comment:

  1. We have thoroughly enjoyed our visit so far, we love your house. Dad said you took after me decorating, I informed him, any creativity you have with decorating came from Aunt Sherry or HGTV. You both have done a wonderful job with the hardwood floors, the painting, decorating, etc... I have felt so at home here and we have relaxed. We so enjoyed going to church with you, the people of Asbury are so friendly and loving, I can see why ya'll feel so at home. The music was wonderful, sermon was so true, and the Holy Spirit was felt when we entered the door, so good to visit a place our children are worhsiping at. Your high school is nice and I'm so thankful that you and Steven are enjoying your jobs. We're just going to have to do something about this drive, I'm thinking maybe an airplane. You know since I've never even been on a plane!(except a crop duster) We have thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. Wish the rest of the bunch was here to enjoy with us!

    ReplyDelete