Saturday, February 19, 2011

Love Day

I know Valentine's Day gets a lot of flack for being a shallow consumer-driven holiday invented by card and candy companies, but I personally think it's great.  Why not celebrate the greatest gift God has given us to enjoy here on Earth.  Love is a tremendous thing.  There are so many people that I love and who I feel loved by in return. I think February 14th is a wonderful reminder of how we should treat others every day.  We should live each day as a celebration of our love for others which serves as a walking demonstration of God's love for each of us. 

I have been so blessed with a wonderful husband who was my "main squeeze" on this very special day.  We decided to celebrate a little early (like we do for almoste every occasion).  Steven made reservations at a restaurant in downtown New Bern called Christoph's by the water for Saturday night.  We got all dressed up and ate a lovely dinner.  Steven and I are both observers by nature, so it was fun to see all the couples in red dining out for their Valentine's dinner.  I especially love to see senior couples who I always imagine have been in love for decades and have stood beside each other through thick and thin.  I pray that the Lord continues to bless mine and Steven's relationship and that we are still as happy together as senior adults as we are now. 





Steven and I before leaving for our Valentine's dinner :)
    But let's not get exclusive here.  I think that Valentine's should be an extention of love to anyone and everyone that mean something to you.  So, if I don't tell you often enough, here goes.  I love you.  You mean the world to me.  As Blair Waldorf so elequently put it to Chuck Bass, "My world wouldn't be my world without you in it."  Yes you.  I'm talking to you.  Happy Valentine's Day!

xoxo,
Ashley

1 comment:

  1. Ashley, my brown-eyed girl, I love you so much and am so very proud to be your mom. I'm so thankful that you and Steven found each other and have chosen to spend the rest of your lives together. I know that I don't pray for him enough because you're so much like your dad, which isn't always a bad thing. I'm very blessed also with a great soul-mate. i hope you & Steven grow old together as well as me and your dad, Betsy and Michael, Chris and Whitney, Taylor & Patches, Aunt Sherry & Uncle Garry, Kasey and Jason, Kody & Kattie, Kesha and Tim, and Kolby and whoever he ends up with, and all the other couples that are together!

    ReplyDelete