Friday, May 24, 2013

My Little Brother Graduated from College...Say What!?!

Last Friday, Taylor graduated from college!!!  He is now an official Physical Therapy Assistant.

I am soooooo excited and happy for him.  Taylor is such a special person to me and always has been.  My mom always tells us the story about how I prayed for a baby brother every day when I was little.  She didn't have the heart to tell me that she and dad didn't plan on having another baby, but God knew better...

Since I am almost six years older than Taylor, he was only 12 when I moved out of the house to go to Auburn. Much of the time I watched him grow up from a distance, but tried my best to get back to see him and watch him play ball as often as I could.  I have always thought that I was blessed with the coolest, funniest, and sweetheartiest? (not a real word), brother in the world.

Things I love about Taylor (in no particular order):
- He loves the Lord, and he loves to tell others about Him.  Taylor never misses the opportunity to go on a mission trip or do a weekend D-Now.
- He is tall, I mean really tall.  This has always been a trait that comes in handy when putting things away or getting things out of the attic. :)
- Taylor is the type of person that you can count on for anything. He has helped me move more times than I can count with no very few complaints.
- He is a great uncle to my little boy. Sawyer has a ball wrestling with him when we go to visit. 
- He is so tender hearted.  He really cares about people.  He will laugh with you when you are happy, and he will cry with you when you are sad. I love this about him.
- He is a hard worker.  Taylor hasn't always had it easy; he has had to work really hard.  He started cutting and landscaping yards with dad when he was twelve and has had a steady job ever since.  Dad always brags that Taylor could back a truck up to a trailer by the age of ten.  He might be exaggerating a little, but it is at least close to the truth. 
- He is hilarious!  I LOVE to sit and listen to him tell stories.  My cheeks hurt from laughing so much after spending a little time with him. 
- He loves sports, which is a family trait.  Although we don't agree on teams, I love to call and get the scoop on the teams each week during football season. 
- He is a team player.  He is really laid back and has a way of making any activity fun. 

I am so proud of you Taylor Bug!

1 comment: