Wednesday, May 8, 2013

Grad School Reflections

Going back to school as a working mother is probably one of the hardest things I have ever had to do.  I LOVE spending time with my boys, so giving up some of it kills me sometimes.  However, I can honestly say that I am so happy that I became a teacher.  I know that this is what God designed me to do.  I have the opportunity to work with so many wonderful kids who need someone to love and support them, which is what I get to do every day. 
With that said, I was excited to get back on track with my Master's degree now that we are feeling more settled in our new home.  This semester I took two on-campus classes and one online class.  I have to go to school every other Saturday, which means that I miss out on time spent with my guys at home.  However, over the semester I have had the opportunity to witness Sawyer and Steven become so much closer because of their Saturdays spent together.  Sawyer LOVES his daddy and I don't think he minds getting a little one-on-one time with him while I am in class. 
My first semester ended last night, and I couldn't be happier about having some time off (three whole weeks!).  I am still working, of course, but it will be nice to come home without having a running checklist of  to-do's going through my mind.  Continually remembering that this time next year I should be receiving my Master's diploma keeps me motivated to keep working hard!

2 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  2. And your momma couldn't be any prouder! I love you Ashley!

    ReplyDelete