Monday, December 6, 2010

Friends+ Food+ Snow+ AU SEC Champs=One Very Happy Lady!

This weekend has been non-stop, but I wouldn't have them any other way. On Friday night, Steven and I subbed in for another couple, and attended Bryan and Bridget's Christmas supper club social. It was one of the most enjoyable and elegant dinners I have ever attended, and of course, the food was delicious!

On Saturday, I woke up early and started to prepare the food for our SEC Championship get together. I made some of Steven's favorites since I never got to cook for him on his brthday, which he shared with Thanksgiving. Later, I did a little more cleaning, while Steven frantically tried to get the built-in complete so our t.v. would have a place to stand. At 4:04 it was finished and the satalite came back on right in time for us to see the opening kick-off (we were more than a little nervous).

Brandon, Emily, Justin, and Kayla got to the house around 4:00, so we ate snacks and hung out while watching the first half of the game. The best part (other than Cam's 6 touchdowns) was that during the first quarter, we looked out the window and huge snowflakes were falling outside! I can never resist the urge to go out during even the smallest snow flurry (we don't get too many of those down in Alabama), so we walked outon the porch and took a few pictures. The rest of the game was a lot of fun to watch. I can't remember the last time Auburn went into half time ahead, so it was a nice change not to have to check my blood pressure after the game :)

Sunday Steven and I were both blessed by the youth who were in charge of leading worship. Many of them stood up and prayed, sang, played instruments, and made introductions. It is awesome to see God working in the lives of so many young people in our area. The youth have formed a band called FMJ (For My Jesus). They are really, really good! I can't wait to hear them again. Also, we were so touched by the message Emily presented. She is truly blessed with the gift of speaking from her heart. Later, I attended a Christmas shower that a lot of the ladies from Asbury threw and had a great time. Overall, great weekend!
If I wasn't so busy, I would be cuddled up on the couch watching a Christmas movie by the glow of the tree. I plan on doing that one day...

xoxo,
Ashley

No comments:

Post a Comment