Tuesday, December 7, 2010

10 Things

1. Christmas music around the clock makes this girl happy. I can't help it. Listening to it makes me feel like a little kid again.

2. Grading graduation research papers is stressing me out big time! Oh well, only 30 more to go...

3. I am completly finished with all of my Christmas shopping and have been since black Friday. What a relief! Right now they are all wrapped and sitting under the tree waiting to be opened. I can't wait!

4. I love love love Christmas cards. I ordered ours two weeks ago, but they still haven't come in yet. I'm starting to get worried. Call me crazy, but I think it would be nice for everyone to get their Christmas cards BEFORE Christmas.

5. I am so happy about our Christmas tree. I love the convenience of a artificial tree, but there's just something about a real one that makes me smile. It makes the whole house smell fresh.

6. I've lost three pounds...I believe in celebrating the small victories in life ;)

7. I miss home so much it hurts sometimes. I can't wait to see everyone at Christmas!

8. Auburn is going to the National Championship in Glendale, but unless "Santa" gets a huge raise this week (not likely), it looks like Steven and I will be watching it from the comfort of our own home.

9. It's 24 degrees outside, and we had no heat in our house this morning. It keeps freezing up. The heat guy was supposed to come out and take a look at it on Friday, but he never showed. He should be there today, otherwise we're buying some space heaters (I can't handle being cold). Oh, the joys of home ownership...

10. The English Department Christmas social is tonight at Persimmon's on New Bern Riverfront. It's going to be a lot of fun!

xoxo,
Ashey

2 comments:

  1. I have an idea for #8- watch it in Raleigh with the Talberts and McGees!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your family misses you so much it hurts too! We love you!
    Mom

    ReplyDelete