Friday, June 4, 2010

Television

On our second night in town, there was a huge lightening storm that knocked out the satallite, which has consequently taken the past two weeks to replace. Since I am out on summer holiday, I have been home quite a bit and have realized that I watch more t.v. than I thought I did. I mean, when I was a teen, I watched a lot of t.v., but since college I thought that I had pretty much cut a lot of t.v. out of my life. I started to read more and spend a lot of time with friends. I guess you could say, I "thought" I had gained alternate interests. However, when you don't have something, you realize how much you miss it. I only have a few shows that I watch every week, namely American Idol and The Office, but there are a lot of shows and news programs I really enjoy watching from time to time. For example, every morning for the past four years, I wake up with Matt Lauer and the gang and get my morning "news" and headlines while putting on my makeup or eating breakfast before work. Later in the day, there is a certain comfort in knowing that Gilmore Girls will be on ABC Family at 4:00 if I want to watch Luke and Lorelia break up/get back together for the umpteenth time. And last but not least, I must admit that I've become sort of a HGTV addict. I love to see how the designers will transform a run down shack into a beautiful bungalow, or see which house the next property virgin will choose...All of this to say, I miss t.v. sometimes :)

1 comment:

  1. I think Luke and Laura are one of the soap operas. Lorelai is Gilmore Girls :-)

    So glad you're liking it up there.

    ReplyDelete