Thursday, November 29, 2012

Sawyer's Lodge

Since I am pretty sure Sawyer will be an outdoorsman like his daddy, I decided to go in a completely different direction for his nursery in our new home.  I wanted it to feel cozy, like a hunter's lodge in the middle of the woods.  I have high hopes of adding old pallet board to one of the walls one day in order to make it even more worn in and cozy.  I hope he likes it as much as we do!


old "You been farmin' long?" poster from Steven's grandmother
The duck painting was done by Steven's grandmother and was also in Steven's childhood room.
What southerner doesn't enjoy a good Lynard Skynard quote now and then?  This was painted by my dear friend, Emily Buckner, in North Carolina.  I love the simplicity of it, which is pretty appropriate considering the quote. 
This AMAZING duck was painted by Brandon Buckner, who happens to be the husband of Emily Buckner.  This is one talented and artistic family, huh?  We got it framed and love it above Sawyer's changing table.

No comments:

Post a Comment