Thursday, November 29, 2012

I'm a sucker for a before and after...

What a difference a little paint makes!

When we first moved into our new (to us) home, we knew we wanted to do some minor renovations as well as paint a few rooms.  The first room on the list was the powder room/ half bath that is located just off the den.  The reason we put this on the "Must-Do" list is because it was covered in the most hideous wallpaper of all time.  We called it our Asian-Fusion room because the paper was red and covered with tiny geisha girls emerging from little huts. Below are a couple before pictures so you can get a better visual of what I am talking about.


See what I mean?
I wasn't really sure what I wanted to do to revamp this room.  I have thoughts of rewallpapering the room with something modern and  textured, but then again, I'm a working mom.  I won't have time to breathe again until summer.  So, I finally decided to go ahead and throw a coat of paint on it for now (quick fix for this awfulness).  I chose the color after walking by the paint aisle a hundred times and picking up the same swatch every time. The powder room isn't huge, so I wanted to paint it with a light neutral to make it appear a little bigger.  I went with a color called Time Worn Stone.  I like it, but I don't love it.  Don't you hate that?  I mean, it's better than it was before, by far, but I'm not completely sold on it.  Anyway, below is the powder room after picture.



We still plan on tiling the floor and changing out the hardware, but for now this is much better.  Goodbye, Asian-fusion!

2 comments:

  1. Looks really good Mrs. Meadows! - Allen Boos

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOOKS GREAT ASHLEY, GOOD JOB!!!!!! SRM

    ReplyDelete