Wednesday, July 18, 2012

6 Month Update

Length: 27 and 1/2 inches
Weight: 18 and 1/2 pounds
On June 22nd, Sawyerman hit his 6th month of life.  I love this kid more than I know how to explain.  He brings such joy and fullness to our lives.  I honestly can't remember what I did with my time before him!

We moved to back to Alabama on June 13th so the following week was spent unpacking and visiting our friends and family.  We did, however, get a chance to celebrate his one half year landmark, and we look forward to all of the fun and craziness the rest of this year will bring us! 

6th Month Highlights:
- Sawyer is crawling!  He hasn't got the complete hang of it yet, but he is getting better with his coordination. 
- Still loves to stand, but not pulling himself up by himself yet.  However, he is tugging with all his might, so I know this is just around the corner. 
- Babbling all the time!  His favorite thing to say is "mamamamama", which makes my heart smile!  I mean, I know that he doesn't know what he is saying or that mama is my name, but just hearing it makes me light up every time--seriously, every time.  I can't help myself!
- Loves the car and will take the BEST naps when we are driving.  This is a good thing with all the craziness and travel we have been doing over the past month. 
- Started eating a multitude of fruits and veggies.  He loves most things that I have introduced him to with the exception of peaches and corn (two of my favorites!). 
- So far, he has been great about going to other people and seems to be entertained pretty easily. 
- Loves to observe others and his surroundings.
- Has had no real sicknesses.  No problems with his ears or otherwise (Thank you, Lord!).
- Has two teeth!!! They are both located on the bottom, so he looks like he has an underbite when he smiles, which is actually pretty cute!
- Absolutely loves being outside!  If he is fussy, a walk outside will completely change his outlook. 
- Smiles all the time!  I love that he is such a happy baby!

1 comment:

  1. It has been an eventful 6 mos. It's gone by very fast, I'm so thankful I was off so I could be a part of his first few months. He's really put some miles on this old gal, but I've loved every mile & especially every smile. Bro. Paul Lang called me "Smiley" when I was little & I think he would nickname Sawyer that too if he were still here.

    ReplyDelete