Wednesday, November 30, 2011

$10 Thrift Store Chairs

Because you know I love a good bargain...
So, Steven built a table for our dining room, but we have had trouble finding just the right chairs to go with it.  I didn't want to spend a lot of money on chairs that weren't the perfect ones, so we decided to go with a set of "for now" chairs that I found at the thrift store.  They were only $10 each!!!  However, it is important to point out that they needed A LOT of work.  Steven sturdied, sanded, painted, and then removed the seats of each chair so I could upholster them.

                                                                           BEFORE:

After a trip to the fabric store, I found 2 yards of leftover material (in the color I wanted) for only $6.00!  I already had the padding and extra batting on hand (leftover from another project), so I didn't need to get anything else to complete the upholstery work.   After all was said and done, below is a picture of the finished product.  Now the family will all have a place to sit when they come to visit us when Sawyer arrives :)

                                                                            AFTER:
Finished product with the table

No comments:

Post a Comment