Monday, April 4, 2011

"shrubbin' around"

When we moved in our front yard needed serious help.  I mean, they were "growing" shrubs in pots.  Not ideal.  However, I have found out the hard way that I do not have much of a green thumb, so we decided to enlist our local FFA/horticulture expert (a.k.a. Conner).  This is our front pathway before.


When the Meadows came to visit us last month, we were quick to accept Conner's help with the flont planter.  One afternoon while they were visiting, we made a quick trip to town where Conner schooled us on the different varieties of bushes.  Who knew there were so many different options???  We ended up going with a low maintenance shrub that Conner suggested. 

Below are a couple of pictures of the Meadows boys working into the wee hours of the night (well, actually more like 7:15 but who's counting).  They all worked really hard, and I was so happy to get this project started!  And Conner, you were my local hero that day for sure ;)




Here is the after.  The shrubs are still little babies, but it is leaps and bounds better than what we had before.  I am so happy with the way it turned out.  Later this month, we plan on planting some flowers on the sides of the porch, which should add a little pop of color.


P.S.  Steven is mad at me for posting this picture because there are weeds by the sidewalk...Believe me, he's been busy on flooring.

1 comment: