Friday, April 5, 2013

Tubes


This poor little boy had no idea what was about to happen to him...

On the Monday of my spring break, we scheduled Sawyer to get tubes in his ears, his adenoids removed, and an allergy test run.  He has been having a really hard time over the past few months because he was plagued with chronic ear infections.  After the seventh infection, we were recommended to an ENT. 

The surgery only took about ten minutes, but let me tell you NOTHING and I mean NOTHING could have prepared me for Sawyer after the surgery.  They told me when he woke up from the anesthesia he would likely cry and be disoriented, but I felt like I was literally wrestling an alligator.  He was screaming, writhing around, and wiggling like a worm, which wasn't good because he was still hooked up to his IV.  This lasted for about 20-30 minutes, but felt like an hour.  After he finally woke up, he was fine and slept the whole way home from Mobile. 

We are praying that he has no more complications from the surgery, and that our little man will feel a lot better! 

No comments:

Post a Comment