Monday, October 10, 2011

Farmhouse Table

Last year around this time, Steven and I saw some men tearing down an old tobacco barn right down the road from our house.  After a little inquiring, I found out that they were going to throw all the wood away, so I asked if we could take it off their hands.  I am obsessed with old distressed wood (i.e. Restoration Hardware furniture).  Steven decided that he would use the wood to build a traditional farmhouse table for our new dining room, which I was thrilled about!  Below are some pictures of the process.  Chairs to come soon! 

The beginning of the building process.  Auburn engineering textbooks put to good use here...weighing down the table legs... Interesting story: We actually picked up those table legs at a yard sale for 50 cents each!  Lowe's price: $16 each...abooyah!

tobacco barn wood used for the top of the table

After sanding and staining we finally have the finished product!

I love all the imperfections!!!


Thanks, Steve!  I love it!

2 comments:

  1. Steven is such a keeper! It's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! I love it! Good job Steven--I need to get James to do some projects putting his engineering degree to use asap--How is the nursery coming?

    ReplyDelete