Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Resolutions

I'm not exactly sure how I feel about New Year's resolutions. I have never been good at sticking to them all, but I may as well share them with you. By telling everyone, I am hoping for more accountability. Here goes...

1. I hope to become a more spirit-filled Christian woman. I want to be more dedicated to being in the Word and spending time in prayer.

2. I hope to be a better wife this year. I want to be a better supporter of my husband and his biggest fan (well not biggest physically, which brings me to my next point).

3. I would like to not only lose weight this year, but become a more healthy person. I aim to exercise as much as I can or at least 3-4 times a week (whichever comes first).

4. I hope to become a better listener and a better friend to all of those I cherish.

5. I hope to work as hard as a I can while I am in the classroom and try to make a difference in the lives of my students.

6. I hope to do my best in grad school and really work hard to not only understand the concepts taught, but to soak them in and make them a part of the way I teach.

7. I hope to be more organized...way way way more organized.

8. I hope to become a better, more healthy cook. I really like to cook, but most of my dishes are calorie laden to say the least. I want to learn to prepare more healthy home cooked meals that Steven and I will really enjoy.

9. I hope to learn a new hobby (i.e. sewing, gardening, sketching, playing an instrument).

10. Lastly, I hope to drink less Diet Mountain Dew. Seriously people, it's a problem.

I hope you all have enjoyed your break from all the madness of work; I know I did. It was great to be home with my family for a few days (blog about that still to come). Have a wonderful new year! Happy 2011!

3 comments:

  1. Yay for sewing! Pick that for your hobby and come join me in Raleigh for a sewing day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you on #1 and #10 Ashley. Miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, I sure didn't enjoy this blog, it makes me feel bad because I could certainly benefit from most of these but man it's hard. I really don't know where you got all the high calorie recipes because you know I taught you to cook healthy. And, what's wrong with a little diet Mt. Dew?
    Love ya!
    Mom

    ReplyDelete