Monday, November 29, 2010

Thanksgiving...Better Late Than Never, I Guess

Highlights: Visiting with Steven's family in Madison, shopping at 4:00 on Black Friday, spending plenty of time on the farm, watching an amazing Iron Bowl victory, eating at Chez Pierre while out shopping in Tallahassee, and last but not least hanging out with the Fraighleighs Saturday night.

Wednesday, Steven and I left as soon as he got off work and made the long journey to Madison, which is where we spent Thanksgiving this year. We got there super late, so we slept in a little the next morning. After waking up, I ran to the groceryto get the items I needed in order to make my mom's "special" mac and cheese; it just wouldn't have felt like Thanksgiving without it :). Later, we ate a delicious Thanksgiving lunch and celebrated my Thanksgiving baby's 26th birthday. The rest of the day was spent watching movies, snacking, and hunting (for the boys).

On Friday, I joined the millions of other over zealous shoppers who ventured out before sunrise to find a good deal. What a day! All I have to say is Michael Osborn and Steven Meadows better love their gifts because I waited in line for over an hour and a half at Best Buy for them. Actually, I got all of my Christmas shopping completely finished (with the exception of one), so I was proud. Meanwhile, Steven, Conner, Mr. Steve and the rest of the boys went out hunting (I believe you will recognize a pattern here). I met Mrs. Theo and Mrs. Sidney at Covington's in downtown Valdosta for an early lunch before making it home to watch the big game.

At 2:30 we were all sitting in front of the t.v. ready for the Iron Bowl to begin. Although Auburn got off to a very ugly start, our boys showed up in the second half to win the game 28-27. To say we were excited would be an understatement. I was so happy to see our boys fight their way back and win (especially since they were playing at Bryant-Denny).

Saturday I woke up with a smile on my face and got ready to go shopping in Tallahassee with Mrs. Theo and Mrs. Sidney. It was a lot of fun, but since I had already made all my Christmas purchases, I mostly just looked around. Later, Mrs. Sidney insisted that we go to this cute French restaurant called Chez Pierre, which we often eat at when visiting Tallahassee. It is always delicious, and the atmosphere makes you feel as though you are at a cafe in Paris.

Later Saturday evening, we made our way over to Jay and Donna Fraleigh's home. They had invited us all over for dinner, and I couldn't wait to see them. They are the sweetest people, and Donna is an excellent cook. We actually found out that they lived in a town only fifteen minutes from us in North Carolina for the first five years of their marriage. I love spending time with all of Steven's relatives, so we had a lot of fun!

Yesterday, we woke up early, packed our bags, and got on the road headed back. The trip is only supposed to take 10 hours, but we stretched it out to 13 1/2 after sitting in traffic and taking a lot of back roads...

All in all, we had a super time this Thanksgiving, but it feels weird not knowing how long it will be until we see everyone again. Hopefully it will be sooner rather than later...I hope you all had a very blessed and happy Thanksgiving as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment